Friday, July 12, 2013

Yam and Turkey Breakfast Cakes

This is from the now defunct Muscle Media, 2003. I have been hanging onto this for a long time! Finally made it.

These are easy to eat on-the-go and one recipe makes 4 days worth of breakfast :) This breakfast kept me full longer than a lot of other breakfast recipes. It was a little bland, so I may add creole seasoning the next time I make it, otherwise it is very tasy and healthful.

4 servings

4 cups yams, cooked and mashed
1 cup green onion, chopped
1 medium apple, cored and chopped (peeling optional)
2 tsp butter, divided (I used coconut oil)
16oz leftover turkey, shredded into 1/4 inch pieces (I bought a pre-cooked rotisserie breast and it was exactly 16oz when I pulled it off the bone and shredded it).
dash salt, dash pepper

Combine mashed yams and turkey in a large bowl.
Melt 1 tsp butter in a nonstick skillet. add green onion and apple and saute about 5 minutes, until apple softens. add to the turkey/yam ixture, season with salt and pepper and fold to combine.
Form mixture into 8 equal patties (about 3" patties). Melt remianing butter in skillet, add patties and cook about 5 minutes per side, until ightly browned and heated through.

Per Serving (2 patties)
Calories 382
Fat 6g
Protein 36g
Carbs 45g


No comments:

Post a Comment