Monday, January 31, 2011

Boil in a Bag Omelets

An easy way to prep a weeks worth of breakfasts all at once - you can vary your ingredients to fit your caloric needs -

My omelets had :

Spinach, chopped and sauteed
Turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
2 eggs and 3 egg whites
salt and pepper

You put all ingredients in a freezer bag, squeeze the air out and then put it into a large pot of boiling water, cook for 13-15 minutes and then remove bags ( I put them in the dish drainer to drip dry).

Put them in the fridge and you have a quickand easy breakfast ou can just reheat.

Ingredients that would also be good:

chopped thawed broccoli

any vegetables you like

lowfat cheese

lean ham or canadian bacon

any ingredients you like in an omelet, really...

chopped chicken or turkey breast

1 comment:

  1. Here is how I do these now, I like them better pan-cooked than in the bag.

    I pre-cook all the turkey bacon on a big electric nonstick griddle.

    I pre-measure and chop all the spinach, placing in little piles on cutting board.

    I preheat 2 or 3 nonstick fry pans over med heat, adding a little coconut oil to each pan. Then I add one pile of spinach to each pan, stirring and cooking til wilted.

    I chop the turkey bacon into bits, and add some to each pan with spinach.

    I break the eggs, separating out the number of whites I need and scrambling.

    I pour the eggs into the pan over the spinach/bacon mixture. Then repeat with eggs for the other pans.

    You can let them cook flat and fold like an omelet or you can stir and scramble them.

    Place them in individual tupperware and refrigerate til needed.

    I make enough omelets to have one every morning :) it is my favorite breakfast.

    ReplyDelete