Sunday, January 9, 2011

Carb-Load Sweet Potato Cookies (work in progress)

Originally from the Beverly International Newsletter -

This is for any of you eating really clean. If your palate isn't super-clean these will be bland. I am going to keep tweaking the recipe until my boyfriend tastes it and gives it the thumbs up. I like them just fine but they could be a little sweeter.

I also want to play with adding egg whites and protein powder to make them a complete meal.

I also need to calculate the carb amounts. My recipe made nine (odd number.) i made them about the size of a small flat hamburger? So I figure two per meal for breakfast would be about right...I will calculate it all later...and amend this post but i wanted to get the recipe up especially for Pam :) who could make these and eat them Wednesday night.

Carb Load Cookies

You need pre-baked sweet potato!

Preheat oven to 375. Grease/spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.



Mash together:

6 oz baked sweet potato (peeled)
4 oz ripe banana
1 small yellow zucchini, grated (mine was 7 oz before cutting off ends and grating)
1 cup oats (rolled or quick)
1 tbsp almond butter ( i used peanut butter bc I had it)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg ground
1 tsp coriander ( i couldn't find it so i left it out)

Mash all ingredients together, spoon onto cookie sheet and flatten/shape into rounds.

bake 15-25 minutes, until oat are browning and cookies are firm to the touch. allow to cool long enough to set up then move to cooling rack or plate . eat warm or cold :)

Second batch - i added 1/4c splenda and got the thumbs up from Adam, my boyfriend.

I also figured out the nutritional data - this time I divided it into 8 cookies, 2 per serving.

Total recipe
calories 628.5
protein 16.5g
CHO 113.8g
fat 14.25g

Per 2 cookies (8 per recipe)
calories 157
protein 4g (I have a protein shake with them, I am going to play with adding protein the next batch)
CHO 28.45g
fat 3.56g

So a pretty good serving amt for average size female, about the same as having a 1/2c oats in the morning. The splenda intensified the banana flavor and almost made them too sweet for me. Adam likes things sweeter than I do..so I recommend making them without it the first time and adding it to your next batch if you felt they were too bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment